Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Emergency Procedure

---->> Doctors had to put in a chest tube to drain the pocket of air and fluid that had formed outside of Lori's lungs (hydropneumothorax). it was pushing on her"midline." it was a problem that had to be resolved immediately. The tube will remain for a couple days. Fluid is being cultured.
- Infectious disease doctor will likely alter the antiobiotic treatment according to cultures from yesterday
- she's sedated and will be for another day at least.
- Doctors switched the line to her vein in her arm.
- Slight fever
- White Blood Cell Count is still too high: 49,000 (indicates infection)
- Docs will perform another Ultrasound to determine if the GallBladder is a source of infection
- met with ENT Doctor who said that he plans to perform the Tracheotomy in a few days when Lori is more stable


thank you

the sneeds

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Lori had to go through all of these procedures today. I woke up at 3:30a.m. this morning and could not get Lori off my mind. Alot of prayers went out at that time. Keep thinking positive.
Jan & Walter

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K.----that's just about enough. Time to get well once and for all. From our prayers to God's ears....

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is way beyond what should be happening. Please hold on. I know you will.Your family has the deepest faith I know of. I visualize a successful outcome. Lori will come thru this, I know. Our prayers are with you all.
Love, Sue

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, Johnny, Patti and Shorty.
This is Andrew Meyers on the Coast. As I am normally the last to hear of things I just got news of the website but have been following Lori's condition through the church. I will pass this site onto my parents Mary (just turned 65 on sunday) and George in Meridian and to my brother, Dan in Jackson. I'm sure he will closely monitor the medical conditions noted and have a special appreciation for what is going on. Your family is all strong as has ours been made to be. The strongest thoughts and sincere prayers continue daily. Get the whites cells down. Keep in touch, Andrew Meyers in Biloxi with Kim, Cade and 11 week old Luke.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew told me a few weeks ago that Lori had been sick, but since he hadn't said anything else about it since then, I thought she had recovered. I actually sent lori an e-mail last week to see how she was doing. Anyway...Andrew just sent me this link and my heart sank. I only met Lori the one time when I visited Atlanta a few years back and had a hard time eating my lunch because I kept staring at her. As if she hasn't been told a million times, she's quite striking. Tell her, I am planning on coming to Atlanta in the next month or so to visit and that she needs to get out of the hospital to show me around. :)

The older I get, I find myself struggling almost on a daily basis with my situation and about what could be instead of the blessing of what is. Today, I realize what a blessing I've been given and that I won't take it for granted. I'll pray for Lori and your whole family. Please tell her I'm thinking about her. See you all soon. I'll be in touch.

Danny Meyers

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home