Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hi there! Here's the Latest

Lori is home recovering from gall bladder surgery.  Surgery was successful, but Lori is now contending with 2 new problems.

1. NPH - Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.  Excessive fluid in the brain.   Could be a cause of some of Lori's headaches and memory problems.  May need a shunt inserted in the brain to alleviate that pressure.   We are consulting doctors about the next steps to take.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/normal_pressure_hydrocephalus/article_em.htm

2.  MRSA -  Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.  A staph infection we believe she contracted while at the hospital.   Just found out about that today.   Consulting with doctors.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa-methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus

Patti is now in Atlanta with Lori.  Johnny and Shorty just visited Lori a couple of weeks ago.
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.   Hope ya'll are doing well.  

Love
The Sneeds

4 Comments:

Anonymous susan carter hall said...

Yall are all in my prayers. L, Susan

7:06 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Hash said...

Lori and Sneeds not a day goes by that I don't think about y'all or ask for an update. I was glad to hear that you made it home from the hospital a few weeks ago. I can tell you many prayers are being circulated. You will be in my thoughts and prayers especially over these next several days.
love
Rebecca

9:33 PM  
Blogger Pat20 said...

Hi, Lori. My prayers and Christ's peace that we share each Sunday in the Episcopal Church are with you, too. I have enjoyed seeing the beautiful watercolors on this website. When you get to feeling better, I would like to discuss purchasing the one with the flowers radiating out from the vase. The one near the bottom right. Susan, my daughter, has told me a lot about you and your family. So far, the only one I have met is Johnny. What a character. One day last fall we all went for a walk in the woods in Madison County near Jackson with some dogs, then jumped in the lake with our clothes mostly on. Pat Hall, mother of Susan Hall

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lori,
Worlds most beautiful woman. Wanted to say hey and that I think and pray for you all the time. Rob Portwood sent me your site a while back,but you said to give you some time to heel. My mom ask about you to. Its been 10 yrs since I last saw you at the Barretts house across from Faith Hunters parents.I'll keep in touch and pray.

Take care my choir child
love you
Brent "still darker than you" Thompson

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home